Monday, July 23, 2007

Jonathan is five!

My sweet little Jonathan turned five Sunday the 15th. He is an adventurous little boy who loves to wrestle with daddy and stay outside all day. He loves dirt, bugs, guns, and all the things little boys love! He is quite the comedian too. He is always trying to make us laugh!
He is so proud to be five. He asked me the other day... "Mommy, now that I'm five will I stay five?" He also has made proclamations that "since I am five that means that I can do___" . Which of course is always some big grownup thing. He has also told Justin that he is catching up with him. I don't think he understands the concept that Justin will always be 2 years older.
He starts Kindergarten next month and he is so excited about that. Only I found out that he will be the only boy in his class of four! However, he will get to play with Justin and his other boy cousins on all of his breaks. Maybe by being the only boy, he will be able to pay better attention in class. At least until he is a teenager!

For his birthday, I made him a pirate ship cake. He and Justin both love to pretend to be pirates so I found the idea for this cake on Familyfun.com. Here he is taking a big breath to blow out his candles.

Here is a picture of Ryan with chocolate cake on his face. He love hats (he is wearing a cowboy hat in this picture).

Justin lost his other front tooth the other day. He is so cute when he smiles!
Justin's birthday is on August 4th, and Ryan's on August 27th! Susanne will also have her baby shower sometime in August and school starts on the 20th! So we definitely have a busy summer ahead celebrating birthdays and getting ready for the new baby but ,of course, we are looking forward!

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Aww...cute pics! Did you save me any cake? It looked delicious, and you know how I love cake :) Can't believe the kiddos are growing up so fast....
Love you guys, and I promise not to blog about your Hobe Sound story(hehehe...)

Anonymous said...

Aww...Jonathan looks really happy haha. That cake is really cute too. Justin's toothless...is he talking w/ a lisp yet?? Ryan's looks cute in the cowboy hat...looks like y'all had fun

Kelly S said...

Cindy...you can't post such comments like that without explaining! You know you got all of us Hobe Sound bloggers curious! Of course, I cringe at some of my Hobe Sound memories; so maybe I'll stay out of this one. I'm sure there's plenty of black mail to be used on me.

Kim, I enjoyed your post. You're such a good mommy - always so creative and doing fun things with your babies.

I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it. I've been having trouble sending out email.

Teresa said...

Kim, I enjoy reading your post. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute! You did a good job on the cake too.

Anonymous said...

What a great cake! I am suitably impressed. Love the pics. Your boys are great.

Kim M. said...

**Cindy, thanks for not blogging about the Hobe Sound story but I am sure most people who knew us very well would remember it.
**Well Kelly, it had to do with George Vernon bringing up something about the crosswalk at Hobe Sound. Does that "joggle" your memory? Look at the annual. There is even a crosswalk beside our picture. I still wish I knew who did that! I have to agree about cringing at some of my Hobe Sound memories too! Thank the Lord we grow up as we age!
**Erin... Justin has a slight cute lisp. He thinks it's funny too.
Thanks Teresa and Sonja for your kind comments about my boys and my cake. Ya'll have a great week!

southernsweetie99 said...

Cute cake! you did a good job!!!!

Tara said...

CUTE cake, Kim!

And, YIKES!, I think I was on yearbook staff that year...but that doesn't mean I'm claiming responsibility!!! There is a vague memory in the deep recesses of my brain though!! OY!

Kim M. said...

**Tara! Shame on you!
I can just see you yearbook people sitting there snickering as you pasted those pictures! I can forgive you all though since I would have probably done the same thing if I were on the staff it and it had been someone else violating the crosswalk.. well violating is a very strong word but it sounds so dramatic so I'll keep it!
**Lisa, great to talk to you today... I am still in awe over God's work in your life! It boosts my faith!

The Dickinsons said...

Congrats to Jonathan! And Mommy did a GREAT job making his cake! It's so cute!

And isn't it fun and cute when our kids loose their teeth?

Thanks for your nice note on my blog! Oh, Kim, please don't think that I'm full of talent, I'm sure that you have lots of talents too! I'd love to get to come and visit with you, and enjoy seeing some of your talents. (Like your Beautiful Birthday cake! =) I'm sure it takes a lot of talent to raise 3 handsome boys like you are doing. =D

I hope all is going well your way!
Love, Heather =)

Vonnie said...

Love all the pictures and getting caught up with you again. I am really sure I know who that Indiana moose slayer is and he does go to your church. I'm going to have to "get him". Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.