I am so busy that I don't even know why I am posting. Maybe because a dear friend told me she had been checking and there was nothing. So here is a short post saying that I am still alive! I don't have any pictures. For some reason my crazy camera is giving me fits about transferring the pictures to my computer. I hope I can figure it out!
Tonight I was telling my boys a story. They have been struggling with fear lately and we have prayed about it and talked about Jesus' protection. But I thought I would also tell them a story to help them think about other things. I know it sounds really cheesy, but it was about a child who went to "Lollipop Land" and "Toyland". I described all of the things the child saw. (not very original but.. hey.. they loved it!). I told them that in the "Gingerbread House", they ate desserts every night for supper. Both of my boys looked at me with horror. I was thinking they would say something like "We would love that". But instead, Justin said "NOT GOOD" and Jonathan said in a very sarcastic tone "HEART SURGERY!"
Why would a five year old think of this?! Of course I had to roll with laughter for a few minutes before I could continue the story.
I was shocked, but -now that I think of it- I remember saying that if we eat junk all the time it is bad for our hearts. Because even though they might say something like this, they have begged and pleaded to eat that brownie before their good-for-them food is eaten!
Well, I better get back to the crescent rolls I plan to make for a funeral dinner that is tomorrow. The dough was left to rise too long, so it is really high and over the sides of the mixing bowl! If I don't do something with it, it may just decide to just get out of the bowl and run away!
4 comments:
Okay, Kim. Your boys are too funny! Loved Jonathan's comment about heart surgery :) Of course, with his genes from this family, he's right to worry about it! Maybe if you get them eating right now, they won't take after their grandpa in the heart problem department.
Love you, enjoyed the cinnamon roll you sent to school today! Yay for lovely snacks during piano lessons!
Glad you're back. I'm sure you are so busy. What Jonathan said was soooooo funny!! Kids say the cutest things!!
yeah! You finally blogged!!! Kids are so funny aren't they! I hope you guys come to Alabama soon and I will bring the kids over. Maybe they would all get along! I bet your mom would love to have double the kids!!!!
Haha...I'm still laughing about them saying that (about the candy) even though you told me several days ago on the phone. And your crescent roll dough...I had this mental image of your dough jumping out of the bowl and running out of the house hahaha.
Post a Comment